Singer's Edge Academy (SEA) Program
Too often in contemporary singing, we mistake effortless-sounding skills for natural talent.
The Singer’s Edge Academy (SEA) is our 4 Level program for building “effortless-sounding skills” from the ground up, providing rewards at each of the 4 levels that you complete. THIS PROGRAM IS COMPLIMENTARY FOR MEMBERS.
It guides students of all abilities to a strong & practical foundation for contemporary singing step-by-step, emphasizing key vocal skills, musical development, unique style and building repertoire.
Upon completion, students can enrol in background harmonies for SE events.
Upon completion of this level, students can enrol in participate in our monthly open mic night program.
Upon the completion of this level, you will get an extra complimentary 30min lesson on each birthday!
Upon completion of this level, students receive promotion and networking in our circles as appropriate.
When Happens When You Enrol In “The Academy”
- Lessons will continue as usual, except your lessons will be more structured so that you progress linearly through the program. In our lessons, we always aim to spend 50% of your lesson time working on new skills, and 50% of your lesson time applying it in songs. Working through the academy, our lesson structure will remain the same.
- We will start you at the first module in the first level – the White Level – and you will get your own White Level tracking card – “Singer’s Freedom” to carry with you in your wallet. The card tracks each skill you are working on in all 3 modules of the level. When you finish the white level, you will get a new tracking card for the subsequent Yellow Level – Singer’s Melody. Don’t lose your card. The first card is complimentary. Replacement cards are $2 each.
- Your coach will work through each skill with you in each module in your lessons and assign you homework.
- If at your next lesson, you and your coach feel you have fully integrated the skills, your coach will initial the skill on your card, and you can begin work on the next skill in the module with your coach. You cannot jump to the work in a subsequent skill or module if there are big pieces missing from the one before. Though each module/skill doesn’t need to be perfect, it should be “strong”.
- When you complete all the skills in each of the 3 modules in the level you get the coloured wristband for the level.
- If you are successful, you will receive
- the corresponding colour wristband with the imprint of the level you mastered
- an award certificate
- the privileges that match the award level (see above).
Frequently Asked Questions About “The Academy”:
Q: What’s the difference between an academy lesson and a regular lesson?
A: The academy program creates more structured learning requiring you to fully demonstrate the wide variety of skills from the ground up in every module. You can’t skip over certain skills like you might in a non-structured lesson. Because development is more thorough on the program, you can expect more in depth work for deeper learning and authentic talent development. It also allows you and your family more easily and clearly track where you are in your growth and what’s coming up next.
Q: How long does the Academy program take to complete?
A: It depends entirely on how much experience and skills you’ve already developed, how much you practice and how frequently you have lessons. It can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years or longer.
Q: Do I have to enrol on the program?
A: Of course not! You are more than welcome to carry on with our certified coaches in your typical lessons as normal.