Your First Guitar Lesson
What To Prepare
We have a spare acoustic guitar at the studio, but you are welcome to bring own, if you prefer. You are welcome to record the session on your own smartphone, if you wish. You might also want to think about:
- What aspects of your guitar playing you’d like to improve on the most (it’s ok if you don’t know!)
- Is there a verse and a chorus of a song you feel comfortable playing (although you won’t have to play it if you feel you’re not ready)
- What your goals are for playing guitar?
5 Things To Expect During Your First Guitar Lesson
- Upon your arrival, you will be greeted by our friendly and supportive front desk staff.
- You will then meet with your assigned coach and discuss your history, desires and goals for guitar lessons.
- After learning about you, we usually jump into an assessment that demonstrates your strengths and areas for improvement.
- We will then discuss how to create the best training regime for you and your goals to get you on track on your journey.
- At the end of your first lesson, if you’re interested in taking out a voice lesson plan, our front desk team will make sure to book you a preferred slot with your assigned guitar coach so we can set you on your journey. We usually do a good job of assigning you a specific coach that matches your needs, but if you feel like you’d to take lessons with other coaches, let us know! You will also have the option of registering for live band performance events, whenever you’re ready.
What You Might Discover!
In order to develop your voice the fastest, you may expect an emphasis on the initial lessons in giving you:
- a basic knowledge of guitar
- customized systematic exercises to condition your hands and fingers for healthy and efficient singing
- progression and application of exercises to songs
For more experienced players, be prepared to:
- have a song ready that shows off your strengths
- tablature or notation for songs you want to work on
To book a lesson time visit our request info page.